IODE is a national women's charitable organization dedicated to enhancing the quality of life for individuals, through education support, community service and citizenship programs.
What's Happening in Nova Scotia
Provincial Annual Meeting – 2013
Park Place Hotel & Conference Centre
Ramada Plaza - Burnside
April 18-19, 2013
National Annual Meeting - 2013
May 31 - June 1, 2013
(See Echoes for further information)
- Gives support through scholarship, bursaries, grants, awards and prizes for university, college and high school students.
- Supplies amenities to needy classes, locally and in remote northern communities.
- Supports special educational and cultural programs.
- Supplies books to school libraries, day care and pre-school programs.
- Participates in Baby Think It Over program.
- Assists crisis centres, nursing homes, hospitals, transition houses, senior centres and needy families.
- Supports Food Banks, Meals on Wheels, school breakfast and lunch programs and provided Christmas boxes to those in need.
- Supports Kidney Research at the IWK-Grace Hospital.
- Contributes knitted goods and warm clothing for distribution locally and in Labrador.
- Provides emergency relief in times of crisis or disaster.
- Provides financial assistance in times of need through the Good Samaritan Fund at the QEII Health Sciences Centre.
Promotes good citizenship by encouraging an active interest and involvement in community life.
NATIONAL PROJECTS SUPPORTED:
- International Peace Gardens
- Snack Pack
- Labrador Adopt-a-Class
- 100th Anniversary Fund
- Labrador Bursary Fund
- Veterans Overseas Fund
- Canadian Disaster Fund
- National Education Fund
- National Services Fund
Visit The National Chapter of Canada IODE at www.iode.ca